Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Caelen Quotes

Caelen is just beginning to say I love you in a context that makes sense. Today she was putting her hand and face on my bare belly and talking about how the baby was going to come then she smiled and said, "I love my baby sister mommy."

I worked a couple hour shift at the Fairgrounds today for the Redwood Gospel Mission's Thanksgiving Dinner. It's awesome because it's totally free to everyone, it's good food and they even serve pie. I was a hostess and had to keep an eye on seats as they emptied and then they'd send more people in and I'd show them where to sit. So I left Caelen with her grandparents during that time and told her I was going to help feed some hungry people. We were eating lunch and she said, "Going to feed the people mommy?" I said, "Yep" she said, "Oh..... I'm going to feed my Grandma."

While looking through the latest Pottery Barn Kids catalogue today Caelen came across a page with dolls and strollers and accessories for babies. Caelen says, "I need a stroller Mommy." I said, "You do?" She said, "Yeah, to push with my hands, I need a stroller for my babies." So I tried to explain to her that her birthday is coming up (one week from Thanksgiving) and that maybe she'd get a stroller as a present. (I already know that she IS) :) I couldn't quite believe my 2 year old was catalogue shopping. Like mother like daughter.

No comments: