Yay for a successful, but not over-stuffed Thanksgiving. I think we all agreed we didn't gorge ourselves this year but still ate plenty as evidenced by the lack of left-overs in our fridge. Well, that's not entirely true, but there's far less food in there than I thought there would be after an event so scaled down from last years 20 guest with a 32 lb turkey. This year we had 8 adults and Caelen and our turkey was 24 lbs.
We took a few family shots so I could put one in our Christmas card (which I will not post, because who wants to see their Christmas card before they actually get it?). So here's a few.

That blur is Woodrow of course, he jumped up at the last minute. Now he just looks like an alien.

Caelen didn't smile for one shot, but after the picture was taken she'd hold one finger up and say, "one more."

Here she is being shy. I asked her and "Tampa" to smile and she covered her face until it was all over. She started out the whole afternoon shy when she woke up from her nap and her house was full of people! So she took Grandpa into her room and they played with stuffed animals until she was confortable enough to come out and face her fans.



From left to right: my Grandma Evelyn, my mom, my dad, Caelen, my sister Heather, me, Tom & David (friends from college, brothers.)

Dancing to Celtic Christmas music to burn off the turkey.

Thomas made 4 pies (2 pumpkin, cherry, lemon meringue).

Auntie showing Caelen some hair styling tips. LOL

Enjoying the pie.
We went to visit Courtney earlier this week and for Caelen to meet baby Daniel. She was very excited to hold him!

No comments:
Post a Comment