The fact that I am blogging right now after the day I had just testifies to the type of day it was. It was one of those days where you do SO MUCH that the day must have lasted twice as long as a normal day to get it all done, and you're so productive that you just don't want to stop. You want to take that productivity to every area of your life until you can barely keep your eyes open and you finally resign yourself to bed where you fall out of conscienceness faster than you can get yourself comfortable under the covers.
Poor Thomas has his wisdom teeth (all 4) taken out today. It was his first time under anethesia and he was definitely nervous. I had to hit the road at 7:00 to get my couple hours worth of work done at my mom's house before running home, making sure Caelen was dressed and hairbrushed, eating brunch, throwing my family in the car and getting Thomas (who was devoid of any caffiene, food, or any other substance that might make him a kind person) to his surgery. We dropped him off, said good luck, ran to the Kline Construction shop, got his paycheck and ran to the bank just in time to get back to the oral surgeon's and wait in the waiting room for half an hour. Caelen was undoubtedly the waiting room entertainment. She kept telling her baby what to do, where to sit, and she also kept doing this big dramatic fake sneeze of all things. Sometimes I have no clue where she gets these things.
Anyway Thomas' surgery went really well and we got him home, got him some clean gauze and I (who never even took Caelen out of the car) went straight back out to McDonald's where we were meeting a couple friends for Riley's 2nd Birthday. She was having a huge family party tonight but we wanted to still get to see Riley and give her her presents, so we thought a casual date at the McDonald's playplace would do. Of course I totally underestimated how long Thomas's surgery would take (the surgeons weren't much help either) and we were half an hour late. But the kids got to play and we had nasty fast food (which is so delicious but leaves you feeling awful the rest of the day) and I got the milkshake I'd been craving for weeks.
My child is the playground bully in case I didn't already suspect it. One little kid about her age was trying to climb in and she wasn't letting him. I told her to knock it off. A few minutes later this poor kid is crying and holding his face. Caelen is on the level above him looking at him.
I said, "Caelen what happened?"
She said, "Hit his face."
I said, "Did YOU hit his face."
"Yes".
So after an apology from her to the boy and my apology to the mother I told her she was done and we were going home. She was pretty good about it as she was exhuasted and needed a nap.
So Thomas was asleep when we got home and Caelen joined in his nap and I had 2 hours of vigorous cleaning as Courtney's baby shower is being hosted at my house tomorrow at 10am. So I moved as fast as I could, until Caelen and Thomas woke up and Adria, Ty and Austin arrived. Adria was helping me get the house ready for the shower.
By now Thomas is in pain and needs his prescription filled (which I should have done earlier) he is also demanding chicken chow mein. So I run to Walgreens and China Chef and return an hour later to the tornado in my house that is "my child and her friends".
Somehow I managed to get a ravioli dinner on the table and we did end up getting streamers hung, furniture moved, laundry and dishes done, children bathed, a tablecloth ironed, windows cleaned, bathroom scrubbed, and all that other crap that comes with a party. I got Caelen to bed, Adria got her boys home, I tidied up, finished the laundry, took a shower, and I just sat down to check my E-mail.
Then I started thinking about the day I just had, and how I hadn't stopped yet, so why stop now? and so I wrote this blog.
In case you're wondering by this point, Thomas is doing very well. The bleeding has subsided and is almost completely gone. He's not nauseated and is up and about though taking it very easy. He's been ravenous and eating what he can and has a very good attitude about the whole thing. YAY!
OK, my eyes won't stay open anymore. Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment