Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I guess they had cars in Biblical times?

I don't know if I've mentioned my little munchkin's favorite form of control in our house yet but it just kills me. She decided (that horrible day we had where she threw tantrum after tantrum and ended the night by insisting she sleep on the floor) that sleeping on the floor is a really good way to show us that she's in charge of some decisions in her life. It's now a very rare night that Caelen chooses to go to bed in her bed. She instead grabs her yellow bauchie and lays face down on the floor where she always falls peacefully to sleep. We used to leave her there and she'd sleep the whole night through, but now Thomas puts her in her bed as soon as she's alseep. She nevers stirs during the transition, but every once in awhile I go in in the morning to find her alseep on the floor again. A couple nights ago, we went in to put her into her bed, and she was already there! I don't even try, it's not a battle worth fighting at all! LOL

Seriously, two days ago it was 75 degrees and clear. I drove up into my driveway and there's my neighbor, in her white shirt and peddle pushers with her black umbrella over her head, watering her flowers.

I'm so glad we took that picture of me and Courtney on Saturday because last night she delivered Daniel Ryan! He was about 2 weeks early, 7lbs 4oz & 18 inches long. Adria and I got to the hospital at about 9:00pm and got to see him! Courtney already had so many friends and family in her room, the nurses were amazed at the crowd. And just as I predicted, it's SO much harder to wait now that I'm the only pregnant one. ;) I've never been one for the patience, but as I watch my toddler turning into a little girl, I just need a baby.

Speaking of children growing up, Caelen went to Sunday school for the first time one Sunday!! From birth until 2 they just hang out in the nursery through church and sunday school but when they turn two they get to start a more "structured" class. They have free play for about 30 minutes, then they get a little carpet to sit on and sing some songs (with hand motions) and have a story read to them with a felt board. They get to move the little figures around on the board. Then it's craft time! Then they play until the parents pick them up.
Caelen made a little chalk drawing with car stickers on it which is hanging on my fridge. I feel like a real mom.

Caelen's current obsession: Frosty the Snowman anything, song, cartoon, book, pictures etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, My gosh!!!!! I feel like I'm really back there with you, hearing about my precious Caelen and her adventures!! Sounds like you are really entering the "incredible twos"---sleeping on the floor, indeed!!! What a tiger she is!! I just LOVE her!! I am so thrilled to hear she is in a REAL SS class!!! You must keep us informed!! Love always,G Grandma Gerry