So my husband has a lot of strengths, he's patient, he can build anything, he's a wonderful father and I could go on and on. One of them is NOT surprises :) One birthday he got me a shotgun (I've never pulled a trigger in my life, and I suppose he was hoping to pique my interest because apparently this shotgun was beautiful....) So, needless to say, I don't expect much in the way of awesome thoughtful surprises. We don't celebrate Valentine's Day (takes the stress out of life) and for Anniversaries and Birthdays we plan everything together and well in advance.
So when he called me while at work yesterday and told me to keep myslef and the kids away from the house as long as possible, I'll just be honest, I couldn't think of anything HE could possibly think of to be doing for me. He said it was a surprise, and I got nervous. There's always that awkward pretending like it's awesome when inside I'm just confused. (Note: Did NOT pretend the shotgun was awesome, actually cried.)
I did my best, after work we went to Grandpa Bob's to get his paycheck, the bank, Target, Port of Subs and the park. But by 1:00 Gabbie was roasting in the car, I was parched and needed drugs for my sinus headache, Caelen was needing a "rest" and Addie was about to need to eat again and our experience in the Target parking lot was not about to be repeated. So I called and asked if I could come home....
Well my friends, there was no pretending necessary, my wonderful husband had my house professionally cleaned from top to bottom! And I had been secretly stressing all week about how I never get to CLEAN because I'm always just trying to keep the toys in the playroom and the dishes clean etc.
He actually had it scheduled for Monday which was supposed to be Caelen's surgery but he had to cancel when I called him because the surgery was postponed. Then he rescheduled for Wednesday when we were all supposed to be at the zoo all day but that got cancelled at the final hour because the girls and I were too sick. So he had to cancel AGAIN! Then when he found out I actually was going out on Friday he called them at the last minute and they hooked him up. I'm impressed at his secret keeping abilities and a very awesome and creatively wonderful Mother's Day gift.
Thanks Honey!!
4 comments:
That was certainly an awesome and wonderful Mother's Day present, to say the very least. And the surprise factor was monumental!! I can think of many times in my own life when I would've been thrilled to receive such a gift!!!!
always love,(And Happy Mom's Day)
G Grandma G
What a great surprise gift! I'm impressed by all the thought and effort he put into it - what a good man! Hope you have a wonderfully special Mother's Day tomorrow!
Bravo!
Great job, Thomas!!!
Post a Comment