Sunday, May 03, 2009

A Couple Videos, Pictures, and Updates

My big girl has been practicing pedaling off and on since she got this bike as a hand me down from a friend a couple months ago. One day she made it past the hump and did a full rotation of the pedals. A few days later she was able to do a couple. Then she was able to keep the bike going but couldn't get started and needed a push. The next day, she was riding this thing like an old pro. (In this video she's riding in her new jammies she had just picked out at Target.) PS. Dog featured in this video is free to a good home!

Then my littlest love has been discovering her hands. Every once in a while we hear her gagging herself and look to see her fists almost stuck completely in her mouth. It's reminiscent of a snake trying to swallow something whole.

Knowing we need the rain does nothing to assuage the cabin fever. After a little taste of 90 degree weather a couple weeks ago, I was ready to jump headlong into summer! Then we had a couple of frosty mornings and we lost about 10 tomato plants (don't worry, there's still about 50!) and now it's pouring rain, which is great, wonderful, fabulous, we need it, we need it, we need it......


And a couple pics of my baby girl:

Caelen has a yucky cold which always leaves her face puffy (her eyes look like she's been in the boxing ring), water is pouring down her face, and her breathing sounds even worse than usual. I can't get ahold of any doctor to tell me whether or not we're going through with this surgery tomorrow morning or not. They told me if she gets sick, we'll postpone it. When I said she seems sick all the time because she's always got snot, they said, "Well, if she has a fever or chills, something like that."

So I guess the plan is take her in tomorrow at 7:00am and see if they turn us away.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am so impressed! Riding a bike at 2 years! I am so proud!!!!