Monday, May 04, 2009

Surgery POSTPONED

We got all ready and checked in for her surgery. But the anesthesiologist (who was the same one I had for my C-section with Addison in February) said that it should be postponed. Caelen got a cold on Saturday and I tried to contact the surgeon and the pre-op nurses but of course everyone isn't available on the weekend and her surgery was scheduled for first thing Monday morning, so I just had to bring her in and see what they said.
The anesthesiologist said if it was her child she would postpone it. The cough and congestion can lead to an increased risk when you're doing surgery on the airway. Totally understandable. She apologized for the inconvenience. I said I'd rather inconvenience than risk to Caelen.
So I left a message to reschedule her appointment.
I almost cried when I saw the little hospital crib (cage) that she had assigned to her, with a little hospital gown for her. We definitely just wanted to get it over with and are slightly disappointed that after months of being well she gets a bad cold in May. But Caelen is really beginning to think going to the doctor is easy! She does nothing and gets tons of stickers, bracelets, books etc! That's a plus :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yeah, having anything done with a cold is risky. It will be easier (recovery)when she is healthy. Too bad you have to wait, that's the hard part! Good Luck!
Melissa