As Caelen was having me read through her Picture Bible with her we were discussing Moses. Basically how he was in a basket but one day he'd grow up and make the Pharaoh stop hurting God's people. Pharaoh was a bad king etc. So we had all the basics down. We turn the page and there's Moses as a grown man.
She gets this excited look of realization and says, "There's Moses and he's a big boy! Now he's gonna throw Pharaoh in the trash!!!"
Maybe you just had to be there.
Caelen was also dicussing her red birthmark she has on her right pointer finger. She told me she didn't want it there. I told her I was sorry but it's kinda like the color of you hair or eyes, you don't get to choose. And she went on a mile a minute, "My hair and eyes are brown, but nothing's red, red like that chair, nothing's red. We don't have red, but I have red on my finger and I don't want it on my finger."
She didn't seem too distressed and was riding on her toy car happily within seconds.
3 comments:
i've never seen such a special child.....is it just cuz i'm Gramma? Personally, I don't think so.
No, Grandma Janet is right!! SHe is truly amazing and never ceases to delight us!
GGrandmaG
Gotta say that my daughter is special too. Among other things, for delineating these little vignettes in such an entertaining way for us all to enjoy.
Post a Comment