Friday, September 18, 2009

Stick a lightbulb in her ear and it might light up


Thomas: Caelen, where do you get all your energy?
Caelen (without missing a beat and super-matter-of-fact): My tummy.


We get hand-me-downs a lot. I LOVE it. We recently got some hand-me-downs with little hand-print keepsakes. You cement the child's handprint, one for when they're 2, another for when they're 3. So I'll give the Age 2 to Addison, since Caelen is almost done with that stage of life, and Caelen will get to do the Age 3.
Well she's not too keen on sharing. She wants both and doesn't care what kind of explanation I give. So today she grabs the tin off of Addie's dresser and says, "I don't want her to have it, I'm sending it to jail with Jesus." I informed her Jesus wasn't in jail. She asked where He was and I told her Heaven so she said she was sending it to Heaven to be with Jesus as she shoves it under Addison's crib. I'm looking totally confused at this point and she points under the crib and says, "That's heaven under there. That's where Jesus is."
That's right, we got a little bit o' heaven right here in our house.

No comments: