Friday, September 11, 2009

This & That

Welcome to the Random Blog written by a lady who can't find a theme to this hodge podge today. But here it is anyway...
This is Gigantor, the massive Brandywine tomato we found about a week ago in our tomato forest. To give you a good idea of how big it is, those other tomatoes are the size of the large tomatoes you see in the grocery store. Yes, yes, it was massive and I couldn't bring myself to eat it because I just wanted to admire it and I'm ashamed to admit, it rotted on my counter and ended up in the compost pile. It's a sad ending for such a beautiful piece of produce.
This past weekend our church celebrating 100 years of God's faithfulness. Hessel started in 1909 as a little Sunday school for the farmer's kids who couldn't get out of town to a church on Sundays. My Caelen got to celebrate on a pony ride. She LOVED it!




Here are the girls watching their Papa work on (what else?) the playhouse. It has a door!! There's no knob and it needs weather stripping but it's a door that the kids just love opening and closing. Soon, oh I pray, that thing will be closed in and ready for weather.

Here's my bag head. She (and I) were really getting a kick out of how silly this was. She kept telling me to take more and more pictures. This was the best in my opinion. Then we had a reprieve with basket head.


Hope you're not bored and about to click the "x" in the upper right hand corner. Here's a couple videos. The first is Addison trying to crawl. She's so determined. The best part and not on video unfortunately is when she gets tired of trying and lays face down on the floor and doesn't move. Our next video is my smart cookie singing her ABC's, but don't ask her to sing them with you..... you'll see why...





4 comments:

Kat said...

Caelen! So stinkin' smart and cute. And did she say "next time I won't sing with you"? A solo diva, huh?

Mom said...

How could we possibly be bored? These are wonderful!!!

Brooke said...

Yeah but you're grandma! ;) LOL

Anonymous said...

Yet MORE adorable-ness from my grand daughters!!!! Just when I thought there could be no toppers, these came along!!Just sensational is all!!!!
GGrandmaG