We call her "Thumper" and "Happy". Thumper comes from the way she kicks in her Bouncy Seat as you can see in this video.
I'm having problems with one area. I don't want to move her into her own bedroom! She takes naps in there and she can sleep through the night, but I can't part with her at night. With Caelen I was a lot more scheduled, and in a hurry to get her in her own room. I guess I proved to myself that my child would indeed grow up and amaze me, so now with Addison I'm not in such a hurry to prove any such thing. I know it happens althogether too fast and for some reason think that if I keep her in her bassinette by my bed she won't ever grow up. Like it's a magic bassinette. Thomas at first was teasing me that she'd be 18 months and I'd still be stuffing her into the bassinette. Now he's saying that I'm not going to be able to move her into her own room until we have a third to take her place in there.
There are alot of things you don't understand until you're a parent, until you're actually experiencing it. Like how you try to push your first to do every new thing and then turn around and try to keep your second one a baby forever.
3 comments:
This is so sweet. I believe that we do tend to push the first and hold on to the second. I wonder if I'll do that when I'm a mother? Thanks for the insights!
"..a lot of things you don't understand until you are a parent". So true. Next thing you know, she will be asking you for the car keys and you will stare out the window and wonder where the years went. Remember....don't blink.:)
You have discovered the great truth in rearing children early in the game. You will really FEEL it in your heart when you watch your youngest grandchild in her/his cap and gown. sigh.
GGrandmaG
Post a Comment